Pages

Monday, May 28, 2012

FOTD: Red Smokey...

 


Today, I did a red smokey eye, and I'm dark skinned, as in  MAC NW50, or Iman Earth 4/5, or Mary Kay 808, or Coastal Scents #14 dark. The flash makes me look lighter. The reason I'm doing this is 'cause a friend said I could never pull it off because I was dark! I told her I could too. She'd seen me pull off red shadows before, and smokies in other colours. Why should ‘red’ and ‘smokey’ in the same sentence be an issue, right? So I set off to prove her wrong.  

This is not a super-dark smokey, because I was going to church, a'ight. So here's what I did. You be the judge.

Face looks ashy because I used a white translucent powder which is a no-no, but what could I do? I was choice-less in the light of the fact that I couldn't for the life of me find any of my powder (there's a whole story to that). Hence the lateness to church. OK. Here on I'm ditching the excuses.

 


 
 


What I used
Face: Mary Kay oil mattefier, Mary kay Liquid foundation #808, Mary Kay concealer in bronze 2, a really crappy finishing powder, Iman blush in Sable, Bourjois blush in 85 Sienne (love it)

Eyes: brown brow pencil, black liquid eyeliner, Jordana eye pencil, Coastal Scents 88 Palette, Mary Kay Ultimate mascara, black.

Lips: Brown lip liner, L'Oreal lipstick in Orchid, clear lip gloss

Ciao!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment