Pages

Monday, November 19, 2012

My First Cut-Crease Ever!


Ok. It’s not going to be just about my first.

After seeing several pictures of cut-crease eyeshadow applications, I decided to try it out. These were a while back, and pictures are taken from my phone. This is my true complextion, no flash to wash it out. The brows are just penciled in – didn’t use a concealer to clean it out. I usually don’t for myself except I have a ton of time

I really think the cut crease look will be great for Nigerian traditional weddings, considering the attires used.

The first set is my first ever cut crease. I was home and bored, so I decided to pass time by playing with makeup, as usual. I tried it out in different colours, pinks and purples on one eye, then yellows and greens on the other. (They’re in plural because I used at least 2 shades of each colour). Brow bone highlight for both sides is the same colour, but notice how they play out differently, though slightly so. My hair was a mess, hence the head wrap.
 
 
 
The pictures were taken with the camera of an old phone a while back. Forgive the excess light (actually sunlight) and zero editing skill.
 
In the second attempt at a cut-crease, I wanted a softer, more wearable look, so I did not enlongate the eyelids like I did in the first. I stopped the “cut” where my eye lid ends, and when open it looks really “natural”. The colour palette is similar to the eye on the left. I really didn’t like this second one when I was done; doesn’t look so bad now though. What I like about this one is how the colour fades up from the cut to the brow-bone. Sorry, too much light in some of the pics.
 
 
 
 

 
The third time, I did not make the crease as crisply cut as the others. I just used a pencil brush to apply the crease colour and blended slightly. I wanted it really defined but not crisply cut. It probably doesn’t qualify for a cut-crease, but. . .
 
 



 
 

This fourth one I did recently, but with very bad lighting. I really couldn’t see much of what I was doing, and I was in a crazy hurry. And I did not take pictures with my phone, so flaws are going to be uber-evident, not just in the eyeshadow application, but on my skin as well. The cut was ok but the rest of the crease is poorly blended and doesn't have that gradient fade that i like. I just realized that the colour theme is very similar to the “third batch” pics, but it was totally unplanned. In the end it looked really ridiculous – to me at least. I looked like a cartoon character, and just kept laughing at the pics. But still. . . Pardon the hair; there was no time to adjust it before taking the pictures


 
 
I think my first was my best, then the second. What do you think?
 
Ciao!!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment