Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2012



Tipharah FOTD: Barely-There Makeup
 

In an earlier post I briefly mentioned a ‘barely there’ makeup I did a while back. This means that this isn’t a literal FOTD; it’s more of a featured FOTD, because I didn’t do it today. The inspiration for this makeup is a 2minute video I watched on YouTube titled ‘Dare to Wear Barely-There Makeup’ by Sephora in their Truth or Bare series (I think it was a series?) with makeup artist Tyron Machhausen. He’s just great, and created some really lovely nude-themed looks.

The first was themed ‘Naturally Flushed’ featuring bronze skin and pink cheeks, and looked sooo lovely. He used bronze and gold highlighters all over the model’s face, shimmer lotion on her eyelids and lashes, and nude lips finished with gold gloss. The only vivid colour was the pink blush.

The second was themed ‘Starry Eyed.’ For the look he created dewey glowing skin, and the focus colour-wise was her lips which looked peachy (not sure what colour he used). He used white eyeshadow on her eyelids to create a bright backdrop for her lashes. Her face was contoured and highlighted with shimmer, and after all of that everything still looked nude and natural, like the model had naturally dewey glowing skin and was just wearing lip-gloss.

The third look was themed ‘Soft and Smoky’ and was done on a really dark skinned AfrAm model. This was my absolute favorite, and not just because I’m dark skinned. This look featured violet eyes and nude lips, but you don’t see the violet in it (it was just in the crease anyways, and not so much of it), just a soft smokey glazed look, and superb skin! This look is the reason I wear nude lips today, because though I loved them, for some reason I thought I’d look weird in it. But she was dark and was rocking it!

So, my look is based off the third theme because I’m as dark as the model, and because I have a colour very similar to what he used on her eyelids. His was called Lipton. I used my FM Dark Skin Foundation in Mocha brown for the look because the gold highlight in it gives that glowing finish to the skin in photos (not to the naked eye though). For eyeshadows I used a light application to get the results I wanted.

Watch the video here:
 
Get the look:
Face:
Mary Kay oil mattefier, Mary Kay concealer in bronze 2, FM Dark Skin foundation in mocha brown, Mary Kay mineral pressed powder in bronze 2
 
Eyes:
Mary Kay concealer in bronze2;
Shadow Worx eyeshadow primer;
Opia eyeshadow quad - the silvery brown (eyelid & tear duct);
Clinique eyeshadow trio – the dark brown (crease & lower lash line);
L’Oreal single eyeshadow in 902 Lush Raven (an off black/dark grey, for outer corner & outer third of lower lash line);
Coastal Scents 88 palette, second colour on the lowest row, brow bone);
Air Woman dark brown brow pencil in #44,
Jordana black retractable eyeliner,
Mary Kay mascara
 
Cheeks:
Iman blush in Sable (reddish-brown), and
Bourjois blush in 85 Sienne

Lips:
Absolute! lip conditioner,
Air Woman lip liner in #18, 
Ushas pink & gold lip-gloss
 

No comments:

Post a Comment