Pages

Monday, October 22, 2012


Tipharah’s FOTD: NEUTRALS

In my humble opinion, I look really nice in matte colours. They do me well, so I like them and do them a lot, especially neutral colours. Question though: does it have to be brown to pass for a neutral? Hmm. Gold and bronze, and even cranberry will do for a really lovely neutral makeup on a dark skinned person. I did a ‘barely there’ makeup on myself a while back using golds and browns on my lips, eyes and cheeks, and it was lovely, but that’s for another day. Today’s makeup is brown themed. I love brown, and for some reason some of my friends think it odd. Green is my best colour, and brown is first runner up. Others follow behind. And I really don’t like pink except fuchsia or something close to fuchsia, else it just has this vibe that puts me off, and I have no idea why.
The choice of colour in my hair was an accident. I would never have deliberately sought out a colour 30 for any reason because I’m scared of colour in my hair, but this was the result of deceptive lighting at the store. I took it out the evening of the very day I put it in, fixed something else, and bought another pack in colour 1 (black) to mix it with, and that was a month later. This is the mix in the photo. Still don’t think I‘ll ever do a ‘30’ again.


 
Face:
Mary Kay liquid foundation in #708 and 808, concealer in bronze 2, oil mattefier, and mineral pressed powder bronze 2
Iman blush in Sable




Eyes:
Mary Kay concealer in bronze 2
Shadow Worxs eyeshadow primer (the shimmer one)
88 palette (matte/pearlescent); lid, outer corner and brow bone
Clinique eyeshadow trio–the dark brown (crease & lower lash line);



Lips:
Air Woman #18 pencil,
Island Beauty Honey lipstick,
a browny-pink lip gloss (name’s faded)
 
See you soon,
Ciao! 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment